If ever the rare occasion arises where more than two of your childhood friends are in town at the same time, and one happens to be getting married -make sure you don’t let the opportunity slip . Plan a pre-wedding, tea party in the park because you never know when you will all be in the same place next.
How to plan a pre-wedding tea party in under 24 hours-
1. Start planning weeks in advance but don’t do anything till the morning of.
2. Choose a theme- mad hatters tea party? Jungle safari tea party?
3. Find the closest location to your house to have this tea party (preferably a park).
4. Bring the bride-to-be to the park and carry out traditions we see happening at weddings all the time,but have no idea about the significance of them.
5. Dress the bride up as a hippie/ masai warrior/ aboriginal bride.
6. Don’t forget the pretty floral tea cups (that the bride will claim as her own,after.)
7. Bring some plastic animals that play along with the theme of ‘jungle safari tea party’.
8. Don’t forget the friends! What’s a party with just some plastic animals and balloons?
9. Flowers are a necessity!
10. Don’t forget it IS a tea party so you need the essentials like a tea-pot ,some cookies, fruit, raw vegetables and maybe some hot water to make tea with. (Extra points for a nice bright green tea pot with Frankenstein and his wife drawn on it)
10. Balloons are always a nice addition.
11. Embrace the party crashers even if they come on a tractor or a motorcycle in the middle of the park (anything is possible in India!). Take some photos with them! (Remembered I had posted this on Instagram a few months ago. A little bit of baby doll never hurt anyone .)
12. Last, but not least- take plenty of photos because like I said-days like these are rare. It’s even more fun when you see the photographs a year and a half later. (Party tip: Bring along a fuji instax !)
And, THAT my friends is the way to organise a fun day in the park before all the wedding madness begins . I have never really attended a ‘bachelorette’ party , but I don’t think any will be able to top this one.